Employer: Weatherford Drilling International
Desired Expertise: Paramedic / Nurse, Rig Doctor, with valid ACLS & BCLS certificate
Experience: 5+ years
is an exciting opportunity to join Weatherford Drilling International,
the contract drilling division of Weatherford International.
resources and opportunities available in a company with over 50,000
people in more than 100 countries are vast.
Weatherford is one of the
largest oil services companies in the world. This company has a dynamic,
high-energy environment where many groundbreaking and award winning
advancements in oil field technology are being made.
currently looking for Indian National Rig Medics for our land rigs
operation in India. The positions are on a rotational basis.
Paramedics are trained to provide the most extensive pre-hospital care.
In addition to the skills already listed for advanced first aider,
paramedics may administer drugs, interpret electrocardiograms (EKGs),
and place a tube into the windpipe to help
breathing, and use monitors and other complex equipment.
• Holds current registration or license
• Registered nursing/paramedic/medic/medical qualification in home country
• ATLS observer and ACLS or equivalent training and certification within the last 2 years
• Self reliant with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels within an organisation and remain calm in emergency situations
• Manage multiple acute and trauma events including stabilisation on
site for up to 24 hours in collaboration with local medical provider or
'topside' medical support
• Input into decisions on medical evacuations
• Participate in emergency response exercises and major incident plans with emergency response/HSSE team at least quarterly
• Maintain in date stock of medical consumables in compliance with
legal and professional standards relating to storage, dispensing,
administration and disposal
of approved medications
• Ensure correct maintenance of medical equipment and check function regularly
• Maintain the clinic/hospital and triage area
• Put clinical processes in place according to professional and legal standards
• Maintain a professional profile
• Keep up to date with industry and legislative competency standards
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following
criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be
able to apply for this position.
Location: Southern Asia